Work Hard and Be Kind!”
September 2, 2020
Good Morning, Parents-
We realize that the schedule provided in PowerSchool might be challenging to understand as the times on the revised Distance Learning Schedule do not match. You may have some other questions reading the schedule, as well. Please see below:
- Our Distance Learning Schedule begins Period 1 each day at 8:30
- Students are expected to be logged on and ready to begin for their first period class
- Class periods are 30 minutes, with four minutes transition time between each period
- There is no homeroom in the Distance Learning Schedule
- Attendance will be taken by the teacher each period
- The final period of the day is Period 8, which ends at 12:58
- Students are to follow the periods in order, using the revised Distance Learning Schedule for that specific day of the week
- The Intervention/Enrichment period was formerly your child's Lunch Period. There is no Lunch Period in the Distance Learning Schedule. Generally students will not be scheduled to be online with any class at this time. However, some students may receive special services or instrumental lessons during this period. You will be contacted directly if this is the case. Otherwise, your child may use the Intervention/Enrichment period and (Grade 5) CORE period similar to a study hall. The students might want to complete school work, take a break, enjoy a snack, exercise, etc. The students are expected, however, to be on time for their next period class.
- Please remember that there may still be changes to some students schedules, as needed. Our counseling office will notify you if this is the case.
We continue to work out the challenges to the schedule and thank you, again for your continued flexibility and patience!
Please reach out directly to your child's counselor if there are any specific questions regarding your child's schedule: Dr. Ellen Whalen, Grade 6; Mrs. Amie Thomas, Grade 5.
Classes begin on Tuesday, September 8th @ 8:30 am.
William P. Ferry
Hillside Intermediate School