The purpose of this message is to communicate the measures being taken by the Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District to assist with the challenges we are facing related to transportation. Unfortunately, several families have been negatively impacted by the changes in the level of service for transportation within our community.
Bridgewater-Raritan is implementing the following adjustments to improve service throughout the district.
- Pick-up times for Middle School AM routes have been moved 10 minutes earlier.
- Specific special education routes have been changed.
- Specific contracted drivers have already been changed, and additional changes have been requested.
- Selected longer routes have been shortened by removing stops.
- The possibility of splitting routes to create additional routes is being explored, but the ongoing challenge of bus driver availability impedes this process.
- The Board of Education has approved the engagement of a transportation consultant to review the issues and suggest further modifications to our routes.
The Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District will continue to evaluate the impact of these changes and address any additional transportation issues as they arise. Thank you for your patience with this matter.
Robert Beers Peter Starrs
Superintendent of Schools Business Administrator/Board Secretary